Take a moment to think about all the technology you interact with during an average day of work....
Virtual CIO services vs an in-house CIO.
The technology in your office is the backbone of your business. It allows your employees to communicate, collaborate, and complete workflows efficiently. However, the opposite can be true if your IT environment isn’t designed in a way that helps and enhances your operations. To keep IT environments in-line with business goals, companies get the help of their chief information officer (CIO) or turn to a virtual chief information officer (vCIO) solution.
What are virtual CIO services?
A CIO is someone who is put in charge of your IT strategy, budget planning, process improvement, and technology implementation. They are experts in IT, and it’s their job to ensure your IT environment is actively supporting your company. They are a crucial element of a larger business strategy.
However, hiring an in-house CIO isn’t cheap, and some organizations may not have it in their budget to hire someone full-time. In fact, the average salary for a CIO in 2020 was about $283,504, according to Salary.com. So, how does an enterprise optimize their IT infrastructure without the help of a CIO? In this scenario, a business can choose to use virtual CIO services instead.
A vCIO is a dedicated resource that serves as a chief information officer. Also known as a fractional CIO, these consultants perform all the duties of a traditional CIO. The main difference between these two solutions is a vCIO works on an on-demand basis, meaning you only pay for their services when you need them. As a result, you can improve your IT infrastructure for a fraction of the price it would cost you to have a full-time CIO.
Who Would Benefit the Most From a vCIO?
Virtual CIO services are designed for any business that is interested in optimizing operational performance and achieving predictable budgeting. It’s also a good solution for decreasing expenses and reducing downtime. This is why vCIOs tend to be a popular option for small- to medium-sized businesses. Whether you’re looking at one or multiple technology projects, vCIO services can help your organization shape its IT and achieve success.
The Benefits of a vCIO
Having a vCIO can provide a number of benefits you may not have been aware of. Some of the advantages include:
- Reduced Costs: Virtualizing your CIO role negates the costs that come with finding, hiring, and onboarding an in-house role.
- On-Demand Resources: vCIO consulting services are available 24/7. So, when you need an expert, they can come in and help where needed.
- Decreased Downtime: The vCIO is able to address technical issues and keep your equipment running reliably. They can also help you create strategies that can prevent downtime.
- Multi-Level Expertise: It’s very common for companies to hire a CIO from within the organization. The only problem is it can take time for the promoted person to get comfortable in that role and gain the experience they need. A vCIO has all the training and experience necessary from the start, ranging from business leadership to technical skills. A vCIO can begin impacting your company as soon as they get familiar with your operations.
- Predictable budgeting: With the help of a vCIO, you can create a helpful technology roadmap. A roadmap can make it much easier to stay within budget, not only in the short-term, but also in the long-term as well.
- Better Productivity: When you don’t have to worry about your IT environment, you can focus on more important matters, like growing your business.
- Disaster Recovery: An important part of business continuity is disaster recovery. A vCIO can help you create a comprehensive disaster recovery plan to keep your organization operational, even in the event of a worst-case scenario.
- Streamlined Vendor Management: The better your relationship is with your vendors, the more you can trust them to deliver what you need. A vCIO can help improve your third-party vendor relationships and turn them into collaborative partnerships.
Experience the Benefits of vCIO Services
If you’re interested in vCIO services, reach out to 42, Inc. today. Our team is highly trained, knowledgeable, and ready to help you achieve success. With us as your partner, you won’t have to worry about your IT ever again.
Contact us to learn more about our company and the services we provide.